What kind of personal data we store?
Personal data provide a direct or indirect conclusion to a specific or identifiable natural person. To use our service, you need to open and register a Vibendo account. This also applies to our paid services such as the Vibendo Freemium Model. We collect your personal data from the beginning which starts with the registration process as well while you use Vibendo products. Here are some examples to help you understand what personal data we collect:
- name, e-mail, date of birth, gender, telephone number
- billing Information
- username and password
- internet address (IP = Internet Protocol), location data and demographic data (such as language setting or preference in the selection of content and personalization), type of device you use, device identification number, the URL of the website that links you to the registration page, information about configuring of your computer such as operating system or transmission speed
- all information about the products and content you have downloaded, purchased or copied by means of Vibendo products and services (including streaming, purchased, or stored music products in the library or playlist)
For what purpose we use your personal data?
We use your personal data as follows:
- to provide you with Vibendo products and services, or to communicate with you about questions related to our customer service or your user account;
- for billing purposes; for the purpose of paying royalties to third parties, such as music labels, musicians and other rights holders;
- to verify permissions on our premium offers and other limited services and software; especially in the context of digital rights management and to prevent the misuse of our products and services;
- to check the system requirements and compatibility of your equipment for our products and services;
- for own purposes of advertising and market research without the involvement of third parties;
- for the best music recommendations based on the listened music by you, the music you prefer, the musicians you follow, the songs proposed by your friends and the saved albums in your music library or playlist;
- for the purpose of sending advertisements by e-mail, such as our newsletters or information about our products and services;
How do we actually protect your personal data?
We are fully aware of the security of your information, and we strive to provide the best possible protection in all areas to protect against misuse, theft, loss and changes. Accordingly, we use the following tools:
- apply suitable technical and organizational procedures for the protection of your personal data;
- use encrypted SSL connections to secure the transfer of data from your web browser to us;
- the access to the databases where your personal data is stored are protected by defined security controls;
- we are using customary industry methods to protect certain types of data, such as credit card numbers, usernames, and passwords; Including encryption technology;
- access to the databases is restricted to a very small number of employees;
What is the difference between necessary and optional data?
Required data are:
name, first name, e-mail, credit card number (in case of using our premium offer), age
Optional data are:
phone number, gender
After completion of the registration process, you will have direct access to the Vibendo Social Network. This is a Vibendo own social network that allows you to see posts from people you follow, write your own posts, comment and like posts or exchange with friends and artists about music. Of course you have the possibility to set your profile to the "private" mode, so you can decide for yourself who can follow you. You can change this under Profile -> Change Settings -> Privacy.
It is up to you whether you want to use this account actively or not. By maintaining the profile, such as uploading a picture of yourself or writing a text to your person, there is the possibility that you are more likely to be followed by people and thus become new relationships and friends.
This allows you to view and modify your personal data
You can change at any time under Profile -> Settings all data of you
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact the Customer Service and Support.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your computer or on your device and which allows you to recognize your computer or other devices again. Cookies are used for various purposes: (1) may be necessary to provide certain services, (2) be used for the collection of demographic data, (3) be used for the recognition of certain presets and preferences, or (4) for advertising purposes.
We differentiate between session and persistent cookies. Session cookies will only be saved until you close your browser. Afterwards the cookies are automatically removed. Persistent (permanent) cookies are stored on your device, depending on the time specified in the cookies. Furthermore, a distinction is made between cookies of the website you visit (own or first party cookies) and third party cookies. Within the framework of our offer, both session- and persistent cookies as well as first-party and third party cookies are used.
You will be informed of changes in time and in the appropriate form. If you do not agree to the changes, you have the option to enter an objection within 14 days after the entry into force of the new data protection regulations. If you continue to use the website after expiry of this period, we assume that we have your consent to the new data protection regulations.
Please contact us directly should you have data protection questions
At your request and, of course, as far as the law requires it, we will provide, update or delete any information about your personal data. Please do not take it amiss for the effort you have for the deletion, with this procedure we want to ensure that your profile is not inadvertently deleted. You have only the option to deactivate your account, afterwards you have always the possibility to get back to the last saved status.
In order to access or modify your data, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to delete your account as well all related records, please contact us at the following email: email@example.com
As of March 2017